Yield: 1 samoa iced latte // Total Time: 20 min. // Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. //
This post is sponsored by Papanicholas Coffee, all opinions are my own.
Why you’ll love this samoa iced latte
Personally, I think samoa cookies are my top contender for the best Girl Scout cookie. Today, we’re taking the Samoa Girl Scout Cookie and turning it into coffee with this samoa iced latte! It starts with a homemade chocolate caramel sauce, which we’ll mix a little of with the espresso and line the cup with it as well. Then, we’ll mix some vanilla espresso with some sweetened coconut milk, and top it all off with coconut whipped cream. It’s all the best flavors mixed into one delicious latte, really! Just make sure to chill your can of coconut milk the night before to make the homemade coconut whipped cream the next day.
I’m partnering once again with my all time favorite coffee brand: papanicholas coffee for this samoa iced latte. I use their coffee beans every day and am so happy to be able to partner with them to spread the love of their coffee. In this recipe I used their french vanilla espresso beans which have flavor notes of vanilla bean and sweet cream. I definitely highly recommend trying some of their coffee, they have so many delicious flavors and are always the coffee I use in my recipes (and for my daily caffeine dose!). You can find their website by clicking here. Also, if you do end up purchasing their coffee be sure to use code FRESH20 for 20% off your coffee order!
Ingredients for a samoa iced latte
For the chocolate caramel sauce:
Granulated sugar: the base of the caramel.
Chocolate: use a baking bar for the best results. I used semi-sweet but milk chocolate would be great here as well.
Heavy whipping cream: thins out the caramel sauce.
Salt: helps balance and bring out the sweetness and flavor of the sauce, never skip on the salt!
For the coconut whipped cream:
Canned coconut milk: use a good-quality, full-fat canned coconut milk (I use thai kitchen!) Stick the can in the fridge the night before so that the fat solidifies at the top.
Heavy whipping cream: helps to thicken up the whipped cream.
Granulated sugar: to sweeten up the whipped cream.
For the latte:
Espresso: I recommend using a vanilla espresso, I used papanicholas french vanilla espresso.
Coconut milk: I recommend sweetened coconut milk for the best taste. Feel free to sub in your favorite dairy or non-dairy milk here if you’re not a fan of coconut milk!
How to make a samoa iced latte:
Here are the basic steps for making a samoa iced latte with some pictures to go along with it. The full recipe and ingredients are at the bottom of this blog post!
Samoa Latte Q & A
How to store chocolate caramel sauce
- The yield on the chocolate caramel sauce is much greater than the amount you’ll need for just one samoa iced latte! The sauce will keep well in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks. You might want to heat up the sauce a little bit before using as it does firm up in the fridge a bit.
Can I use instant espresso instead of brewed espresso?
- Definitely! Simply combine 60mL of hot water with the amount of instant espresso needed as stated on the packaging.
Why do you measure in grams?
My recipes are all written in grams because it is the most accurate way to bake. When you use a kitchen scale, you ensure that your baked goods turn out as close to the written recipe as possible. Plus, the cleanup is way easier when using a scale! I will provide standard cup measurements but please note that I have not tested the recipe using cup measurements and therefore can not guarantee your recipe will come out how mine did. Here is my favorite kitchen scale.
Tools and ingredients
You can find all my favorite tools and ingredients that I use on my Amazon Storefront page, here!
Did you make this samoa iced latte?
If you made this samoa iced latte I would love to see it and know your thoughts! Please leave a comment and review down below, and tag me on Instagram @freshbeanbakery. If you have any questions about the recipe I will gladly do my best to answer them in the comments below!
Samoa Iced Latte
Chocolate Caramel Sauce
- 200 g granulated sugar (1 c.)
- 56 g semi-sweet chocolate chopped (⅓ c.)
- 170 g heavy whipping cream (¾ c.)
- ¼ tsp. salt
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 13.5 oz. can of full fat coconut milk chilled overnight
- 115 g heavy whipping cream (½ c.)
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
Samoa Iced Latte
- 2 oz. Papanicholas French Vanilla Espresso
- 6 oz. sweetened coconut milk
Chocolate Caramel Sauce
- Add the sugar to a medium-sized saucepan set over medium heat. Stir occasionally untilthe sugar begins to melt and caramelize.
- Once it starts to change in color, stir constantly until the mixture is completelycarmelized and smooth.
- Add in the chocolate and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the heavy cream until it is completely incorporated into the caramel,then whisk in the salt.
- Set the chocolate caramel sauce aside to cool in the fridge.
Coconut Whiped Cream
- Chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight to allow it to solidify.
- Remove the can from the fridge and transfer the solid coconut milk to a mixing bowl,leaving the liquid in the can.
- Add in the sugar and beat until smooth, light, and fluffy.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
Samoa Iced Latte
- Brew the French Vanilla Espresso, and immediately stir in 1 tbsp. of the chocolatecaramel sauce until smooth.
- Generously drizzle some of the chocolate caramel sauce into a cup, then fill with ice.
- Pour the coconut milk into the cup, followed by the espresso.
- Top the drink off with the coconut whipped cream and a Samoa cookie. Serve and enjoy!