Yield: 2 c. s’mores dip // Total Time: 10 min. // Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
Why wait for a campfire, when you can bring the campfire to you! This recipe is so ridiculously easy, it hardly needs a recipe. Fill a small shallow baking dish with the amount of chocolate chips and marshmallows your heart desires, bake, and serve with graham crackers, pretzels, strawberries – you name it!
S’mores dip for two recipe tips
Watch those marshmallows!
Marshmallows like to go from white and uncooked to burnt in a matter of a minute it seems. Make sure you keep a close eye on your marshmallows while they’re in the oven. The position of your oven rack and your oven’s true temperature are all factors that may lead to your s’mores dip taking longer or way shorter to cook than mine did.
Use good chocolate chips
I personally am always buying the cheapest chocolate chips I can find, but trust me when I say that you’re going to want to spend a little extra for this recipe. I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips in these and they melt so beautifully and have such a better flavor in this recipe. You can use other brands, just note that the chocolate chips might not melt as well!
Ingredients and substitutions
Unsalted butter: you just need the tiniest bit of butter to coat the inside of the pan. Salted or non-dairy butter will also work perfectly here as the goal is to just get the chocolate to not burn up and stick to the sides!
Chocolate chips: here I used Ghirardelli chocolate chips which melt beautifully and I highly recommend them! I used dark chocolate chips to complement the almond butter, but semi-sweet and milk chocolate will work perfectly as well, it’s all up to preference!
Marshmallow: I used large marshmallows but you can certainly use small ones. Just be sure to arrange them facing up.
Almond butter (optional): to give a little twist to the s’mores. Use peanut butter, cashew butter, crunchy or creamy – again this is all about making your perfect s’mores!
How to make s’mores dip for two
1. Coat the dutch oven with butter. I used a tiny bit of room temperature butter to coat the inside of the pan because I had it on hand. But you can just take a cold stick of butter and rub it around the inside of the pan to coat it as well.
2. Layer in the ingredients. Coat the bottom of the pan with chocolate chips, then gently spread on the almond butter (if using). Finally, top with marshmallows.
3. Bake. Bake at 400°F / 205°C on the top rack until the marshmallows start turning golden brown. Make sure you keep an eye on those marshmallows! This should take 5-8 minutes.
4. Serve and enjoy! Serve warm with your favorite s’mores pairings!
S’mores dip for two Q & A
What size pan do I need?
If you are looking for the s’mores dip for two yield, I used a 1/2 qt. dutch oven. (here) You can also use a 6″ cake pan, or any other 2 cup yield baking dish, such as a ramekin.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes of course! This recipe is so simple you hardly need a recipe. Whichever pan you want to make this in, just make sure you lightly coat it with butter, then layer in the chocolate, marshmallows, and bake!
How to store s’mores dip
If you don’t end up eating all of the s’mores dip in one sitting, you can certainly store it. It will taste the best warm out of the oven, and the marshmallows will lose their crispiness over time. I’d recommend storing this covered at room temperature for no more than one day. When ready to eat, simply pop it back into the oven for a few minutes to melt the ingredients.
A note on oven temperature
Ovens vary and fluctuate in temperature. For example, I always have to set my oven to 330°F if I want it to bake at 350°F. If you love to bake like I do, I highly recommend getting an oven thermometer. They are super helpful for letting you know when your oven might be lying to you! I use this one.
Tools and ingredients
For a full list of tools, equipment and ingredients that I use and love, you can check out this page here.
Did you make this s’mores dip for two?
If you made this s’mores dip I would love to see it and know your thoughts! Please leave a comment and review down below, and tag me on Instagram @freshbeanbakery. If you have any questions about the recipe I will gladly do my best to answer them in the comments below!
S’mores Dip for Two
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- 110 g chocolate chips (⅔ c.)
- 45 g almond butter (3 tbsp.)
- ~12 large marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 400°F / 205°C.
- Lightly coat the inside of a small 2 c. baking dish with butter. Spread the chocolate chips in an even layer in the bottom of the pan. Gently spread the almond butter over the chocolate chips (if using), then top it off by lining the pan with marshmallows facing upwards.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes on the top rack, until the marshmallows turn golden brown.
- Serve warm with graham crackers and enjoy!